Writer. Actor. Comedian. Maker of Stuff.
Welcome to the website of writer, performer and fool Joz Norris. Make yourself at home! (No need to remove your shoes, we’re a shoes-on household, you do you). Here you can watch my films and videos, listen to my radio programmes and podcasts, read my news and essays, and delve into my archive of past projects.
For those who just want a quick update on what I’m currently up to, I am presently:
- Developing a few scripted narrative comedy projects (one about happiness; one about an ice cream van; one about dreams; one about capitalism; one about daytime TV hosts; one about the gig economy and one about crackpot Vegas magicians)
- Writing and creating a comedy-documentary-art podcast about needing, wanting and past life regressions
- Co-writing an audio podcast project about a spooky island
- Finishing off post-production for a short film about a dog and starting pre-production on another short film about a bookshop
- Directing a couple of live shows
- And I’m doing a work-in-progress of new ideas at the Pleasance Theatre
Listen to Joz
Radio, Podcast & other audio things...
Welcome to the Archive! Here you can find out a bit more about every major project I’ve authored over the last 10 years, from live shows to short films to radio shows and so on. If you’re a long-time fan then maybe you’ll remember some of these! And if you’ve found my work more recently, then perhaps it’ll be interesting to go back and see what you’ve missed. Where possible, I’ve included links to be able to see the project itself. Enjoy!
I’ve started seeing an osteopath, because my neck and shoulder have been hurting for about a year and I’m worried if I don’t do something about it now I’ll end up as one of those old souls who can’t raise his head above the level of his navel who you see feeding pigeons. It’d be […]
Hello! Hope you’re all doing well. Apologies that it’s been a few weeks since the last Therapy Tape – January was a busy month of getting the ball rolling on various projects for the year, and I’m only now clawing back the time to sit and write about what I’ve been thinking about! First up, […]
Dog House is out! The short film I made last year with an assortment of legends including director Miranda Holms, DoP Matt Riley, actors Anna Leong Brophy, Nat Luurtsema, Tom Bell and many more, was released online on Monday and I’m so proud of it. I’ve written about the journey and the process behind Dog House in this newsletter […]
What People Say?
A sort of absurdist Simon Amstell…seldom can half an hour have been so densely packed with meta comedy and existential…
Utterly unique, very weird and a wee bit wonderful.
A skilful and thoughtful writer who fastidiously avoids boring or obvious choices and excels at being unselfconsciously daft.
A beautifully fully-fleshed depiction of the human experience.
Really does capture the spirit of creative Fringe comedy.
A comedy legend.
A brilliant show that is not short of ambition…it packs a terrific punch.